Wild Coast Tented Lodge, Sri Lanka
Sri Lankan ingredients such as tea and cinnamon imbue the atmosphere of Sanctuary Spa at Wild Coast Tented Lodge, where your everyday cares are soothed away as you unwind in the gentle sea breeze. You’ll spend the night under vaulted canvas in one of the 28 Cocoon Tents – for couples and families, and one with a seperate ‘Urchin’ satellite for detached privacy – with private plunge pools, dreamy four-poster beds, and secluded viewing platforms.
However, once you’ve ‘revived’ completely, we reckon you’ll be reanimated by the wildlife in the adjacent reserve, and love to see its residents coming to drink in the watering holes nearby, fed by specially desalinated water. Conservation is serious business here. The hotel is building its own study centre, but guided forays already take you to the most remote parts of the Yala wilderness to observe the incredible biodiversity. Spectacular birdlife and elephants are a given, one of the many leopards a strong possibility.
When you get back to the Lodge, you’ll have a new-found respect for the way its design utilises so many natural materials to blend seamlessly with the natural surroundings, and the sustainable, eco-friendly way it harvests solar power and recycles waste. All of which makes the mouthwatering Sri Lankan cuisine and cocktails at sunset seem that little bit well earned.
At A Glance…
- Wild Coast Tented lodge is located on the southern coast in Sri Lanka close to the country’s most famous national park, Yala – known for its dense population of leopards.
- The cocoons and urchins are the unique accommodations here at Wild Coast Tented Lodge, the interiors are a blend of colonial expedition chic with contemporary innovations such as freestanding copper bathtubs and four-poster beds.
- A stay at Wild Coast Tented Lodge is an alternative safari experience from those in Africa.
Why 360 Loves It…
- Our favourite ‘cocoons’ are the pool suite cocoons that each have a private plunge pool and are positioned overlooking the beach.
- The open-air bar and dining pavilion is wrapped around the resort’s enormous free-form swimming pool, the perfect setting to enjoy authentic Sri Lankan cuisine and sundowner cocktails!
- The unique setting of the spa contributes to a true sense of well-being and the key to the wellness experience is the use of native Sri Lankan ingredients, Ceylon tea and cinnamon.