The Resort at Paws Up
Well, where to begin with this amazing place? There’s so much to do at The Resort at Paws Up, surrounded by Montana’s forests and rivers, that a week or even a fortnight won’t feel nearly enough. Fortunately, as summer turns into autumn and then winter descends on its 37,000 acres, a new range of things to do opens up, ready for your return trip.
The 10 miles of Blackfoot river offer some of the most sensational fly-fishing on earth, while 100 miles of trails means days of riding for experienced riders and equestrian amateurs.
For us, the chance to saddle up and work the ranch, driving the cattle for real between working corrals and their pasture, is unmissable, initial soreness notwithstanding. The kids can experience a junior version too, while anyone averse to horsehair can enjoy a fantastic trail… and perhaps even learn to drive the wagon itself.
There’s so much more – balloon trips and clay pigeon shoots to whitewater-rafting and hiking, plus a super-challenging aerial adventure park with a canopy trail and 10 precarious platforms to reach. During winter months, there’s cross-country skiing, snowmobile driving, dogsledding and the new sport of ‘skijoring’ – a kind of snow-based water-skiing behind a galloping horse! Make plenty of time with your personal 360 Private Travel partner to plan your summer or winter Paws Up holiday. Maybe one of each…
Whatever you choose to do, the accommodation is rustically gorgeous, luxurious, woody and comfortable, with houses and tents for everyone from honeymoon couples to major 50th birthday get-togethers. The resort’s Village is laid out like an authentic blackwood hamlet, with truly welcoming eating places and a relaxed bar. Spa Town is the name of the peaceful relaxation and treatments outpost.
At A Glance…
- The Resort at Paws Up is a perfect all year destination with activities available for all weather, so it’s fly-fishing and white water rafting in the summer and sleigh rides in the winter.
- The dining options at The Resort at Paws Up are amazing. Guests have the option to fine dine at Pomp Restaurant where rustic ranch cuisine is on the menu using the freshest of produce. The Chuck Wagon is a unique ride to the Blackfoot River in an old fashioned wagon where on arrival guests will enjoy an authentic chuck wagon dinner.
- Guests stay in a portfolio of rustic houses and riverside safari-style tented camps that combine a wilderness vibe with rustic designer chic.
- Getting to The Resort at Paws Up is fairly simple – a flight to Salt Lake City followed by a short connecting flight to Missoula. It is at Missoula that a member of Paws Up will greet you and transfer you to the resort.
Why 360 Loves It…
- We love the Wilderness Estates, your very own luxury ranch that comes boasting an elegant environment with impeccable guest rooms and even an outdoor hot tub!
- The Sky Line Aerial Adventure Park is a high ropes course offering two courses – the Canopy Course designed for children age 6+ and a more challenging course for those who like to be mentally and physically challenged.
- Spa Town is a collection of pristine white tents nestled among towering pines creating the perfect setting for luxury treatments such as ‘Barbwire Goodness’ a detoxifying body wrap. Children can learn how to make body scrubs, lip balms and lotion bars at Apothecary classes.
- The staff at Paws Up are certified S’moreologists and are on hand to help you become one also. If you’re feeling really creative add some salted caramel to yours to really tantalize the taste buds!