The Lindis – Ahuriri Valley, New Zealand
The subtly luxurious Lindis lodge is built low and unobtrusively in the Ahuriri Valley, and from every floor-to-ceiling window the views are amazing, framed by starry night-time skies and snow-capped mountains that glitter in the sunshine. Spring here starts in September with the height of NZ summer in January – and temperatures of 30ºC – when Europe is at its darkest and dreariest. So you can choose temperatures that are merely fresh or bearably warm to enjoy the outdoor life in this South Island wilderness. There are 6,000 acres offering walking, biking, fly-fishing, eco-tours and horse-trekking so you can gorge on the fresh air, just as the wandering livestock do. This place rocks – real rocks, among which the local Clay Cliffs and eerie, elephant-like boulders scattered nearby create images of pre-historic stillness that stay imprinted on you forever.
At A Glance…
- New Zealand’s newest luxury lodge, The Lindis is set in the pristine Ahuriri Valley in the South Island. Each guest at The Lindis is assisted with creating a personalised itinerary, tailored to your interests during your stay.
- The Lindis has been created to give guests the opportunity to slow down and enjoy the stillness of nature in modern, sophisticated luxury whilst enjoying the best Kiwi hospitality.
- There are just five suites that make up the accommodation at The Lindis – 2 Master Suites and 3 Lodge Suites all offering spectacular, uninterrupted views of the Ahuriri Valley with indoor and outdoor seating.
Why 360 Loves It…
- The cuisine is prepared and served to represent the season and location using only the finest and freshest ingredients that New Zealand has on offer.
- Due to the superb location of The Lindis and the limited light pollution within the Ahuriri Valley, guests have the opportunity to star gaze which is a complimentary after dinner activity.
- There is so much for guests to do at The Lindis from horse trekking and fly fishing to walking and e-biking. We however think that the gliding experience sounds amazing. Go on a dramatic journey deep into the mountains, depending on weather flights around Mt Cook are possible.