The Chedi Andermatt, Switzerland
The scenery; the invigorating air; the Michelin-starred Japanese restaurant – where you can go for a full-on banquet, mouth-watering tempura or a tempting galaxy of sushi and sashimi; and the fastidiously appointed rooms, with leathers, wood and stone in alluring, relaxing combinations. Frankly, it all wowed us. And there are homely fireplaces, 200 of them, scattered throughout the building.
What really enchanted us is the spa and wellness centre which, at 2400sq m, is one of the most impressive and exclusive in mainland Europe. In the Tibetan Relaxation Lounge, treatments are tailored to exactly what you need, but anyone who’s been feeling run-ragged by modern life is going to yield to the Bali Oriental Ritual, a 120-minute personal reboot featuring ancient Balinese massage, aromatherapy foot polish, body polish and a soothing bathing ceremony.
You’ll love either the 35m-long indoor pool under a glass roof or the 12m outdoor pool, perfectly heated, with Alpine vistas to admire while you ingest the crisp Swiss air one-and-a-half kilometres above sea level. Or you can have the close-up attention of a personal trainer to refocus on your fitness goals.
After that, we’d be heading out with one of Chedi Andermatt’s exclusive ‘ski butlers’. These unfeasibly athletic and cheerful skiers personally get you into your gear, help you explore the slopes, and know all the best local pit-stops for refreshment. You just won’t want winter to end …but when it does, there’s one of the most sensational golf courses right here to take a swing at during summer.
At A Glance…
- The Chedi Andermatt is a deluxe hotel located in the Swiss Alps 1,447m high and is just a 90 minute drive from Zurich Airport.
- A collection of 123 rooms and suites with an alpine/Asian flair with dark wood, soft leather sofas and gentle colours. We love the Gotthard Suite – five bedrooms and five bathrooms as well as an open plan living and dining area. A luxurious family paradise.
- The Chedi Andermatt is perfect for a winter or summer holiday, there is so much to do whichever time of year you visit.
Why 360 Loves It…
- The Chedi Andermatt makes a great destination for outdoor enthusiasts in the summer months, enjoy idyllic walking trails and golf at the nearby 18-hole course.
- The Japanese Restaurant has one Michelin star and has the most extensive sake selection in Switzerland.
- We love the sound of ‘Fondue under the Stars’ an authentic experience where you will be chaffeur-driven to the Realp before a walk to the rustic alpine hut for an evening under the starry sky of Andermatt accompanied by Swiss delicacies.