Six Senses Laamu, Maldives
We adore Chill Bar, situated over the crystal clear water like many of the soothing thatched villas on offer. It’s wonderful to enjoy a cocktail here after the spectacular lightshow that fades sunlight into the starriest of night skies. Chances are, before then, you’ll have savoured a beach barbecue of grilled lobster, or dinner at The Altitude Wine Cellar cooked with fresh ingredients from the resort’s own organic gardens. Six Senses Laamu is all about that elusive sweet spot somewhere between relaxation, stimulation and sustainability.
At A Glance…
- Six Senses Laamu is the only resort in the Laamu Atoll, just a short seaplane and speedboat transfer from Male International Airport and you are in true barefoot luxury heaven, deep in the Indian Ocean!
- There are 97 villas spread around the island, constructed using sustainable and local materials; choose to stay over water or on the beach. The Sunset Laamu Water Villa is one of our favourites – a private hideaway facing the sunset that you can enjoy from the comfortable seating area on the treetop deck.
- Sustainability is at the heart of Six Senses’ decisions and actions and at Laamu this really is the case. In the heart of the island you will find LEAF Garden, where organic produce is grown for the chefs to use.
Why 360 Loves It…
- We love the ice-cream parlour at Six Senses Laamu – choose from over forty-two flavours at Ice!
- The spa is well worth a trip – relax in one of the nine treatment nests that are dotted around the island and enjoy treatments to nurture your soul. Be sure to go to the Juice Bar afterwards to enjoy a delicious smoothie.
- Diving is a special experience at Six Senses Laamu as it’s location means that you are virtually guaranteed to have the dive site to yourself. Other experiences we love at Laamu are Cinema Under The Stars and turtle hatching – every year green turtles nest on the beach from March to July with the hatching between May and August.