Six Senses Krabey Island, Cambodia
Every one of the 40 villas has its own pool and sunbathing deck and, in contrast to the tangled vegetation thriving beyond, the design is sleek, modern and boasts a full digital interface with the outside world. The king-size, canopied beds really do seem fit for an emperor.
You can eat inside or outside your villa but we actually prefer the alfresco dining at the open-air ‘tree restaurant’ where the tropical plantlife brushes you gently as it seems to grow before your eyes in the perfect climate.
It’s a place to relax, unwind, breathe deeply and be at one with nature. The incredible sunsets just can’t be bottled – you have to drink them in here, ideally from the bar inside a central building constructed in the style of a traditional fisherman’s house. And when you’ve had enough of R&R there’s paddle boarding, kayaking and all kinds of boat excursions.
At A Glance…
- The 30-acre tropical island is the setting for Six Senses Krabey Island with just 40 private pool villas. As well as providing a unique island holiday, there is a big commitment to the sustainability and environmental protection of the region.
- Plenty of dining options with much of the produce coming from the organic garden and surrounding water and provinces. Cambodian cuisine draws from familiar South East Asian staples using more herbs and less spices.
- Six Senses Krabey Island is accessed easily by Sihanouk Airport, a short drive through the countryside to the resort’s mainland jetty followed by a 15-minute speedboat transfer to the resort island.
Why 360 Loves It…
- We love the Ocean Pool Villa Suites – offering coastal and island panoramas from the villa and private pool deck. The floor-to-ceiling glass windows allow guests to enjoy the maximum amount of natural daylight.
- The Six Senses Spa takes inspiration from the sacred Kbal Spean River, which nourishes the land and life around it. From personalised wellness programmes to massages and facials. There are daily yoga classes on offer also.
- The activities on offer at Six Senses Krabey Island suit both active guests and those who wish to unwind and relax. Water sports activities include snorkeling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding and boat excursions.