Super Falcon 3S, Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru
Whether you stay for a weekend or a month at Landaa Giraavaru – the super opulent Four Seasons resort in the Maldives – here’s something thrilling to experience: an underwater odyssey previously reserved for billionaires like Sir Richard Branson and Red Bull founder founder Dietrich Mateschitz.
The resort has a brand new Deepflight Super Falcon 3S submarine at your disposal, ready to take two of you on an hour-long tour of the shimmering under-sea world of the Baa Atoll.
Being electric-powered (the lithium-ion power-pack is like a gigantic iPhone battery) and free from harmful emissions, the spacecraft-like sub glides effortlessly and unobtrusively alongside the teeming reefs, the angelfish, rays, parrotfish, dolphins, sharks and so many more in this coastal nature wonderland. It’s a rate UNESCO biosphere reserve, and only a craft like this that treats the area with total respect is allowed anywhere near. Hence, it will never touch any of the pristine coral, nor land on the seabed.
The two of you sit comfortably in form-fitting cockpits with your heads in glazed domes above the 8m-long main hull, making direct eye contact with creatures you’ve only ever seen before in pictures. Meanwhile, your fully trained pilot looks after navigation for 60 minutes as you revel in the panoramic adventure.
What’s so cool, in our view, is the sci-fi tech of this incredible machine is that it can fly through the deep blue at up to 100m depth, combined with the silent, majestic vista itself; it’s James Bond meets Jacques Cousteau. And it’s totally safe, certified by Lloyd’s Register, with positive, self-righting buoyancy and constant craft-to-shore communications. Some of you, we suspect, will want to build a whole holiday round this…
At A Glance…
- The newest submarine in the DeepFlight fleet, designed for a pilot to take two passengers on an incredible underwater excursion.
- Environmentally friendly with its electric and acoustic emissions minimised to not disturb the marine life.
- Landaa Giraavaru is located 40 minutes by seaplane from Male International Airport.
Why 360 Loves It…
- Explore the Maldives’ only UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, Landaa Giraavaru Baa Atoll.
- The domes provide a 360 degree view of the underwater world whilst exploring the Maldivian waters at depths of 120 feet.
- This redefines marine exploration and bridges the gap between the world we see above the waves and the one that exists below.