Museum Hotel, Cappadocia, Turkey
The Museum Hotel’s 30 unique rooms and suites have been ‘curated’ in a cluster of natural caves and ancient stone buildings, all of which look out over the most dramatic of rocky valleys. Be up early. You can take a hot air balloon flight at daybreak to see this incredible vista. Or else feel your blood pressure slacken as dozens of these airborne beauties glide silently by, in one of the most surreal and serene displays imaginable. The venue and the area have as much history and culture as you can handle – perfect for exiting the modern world for a week or two – and the Lil’a restaurant and cellar (unique in Turkey for their rating by the ever-fastidious Relais Et Châteaux cuisine jury) is always ready to serve you from an exquisite Anatolian menu; it’s quite formal but the setting is, as you’d expect, utterly beautiful.
At A Glance..
- Museum Hotel, Cappadocia has been built in restored caves and stone houses which are thousands of years old. All 30 rooms, with no two being the same, offer unmatched panoramic views of the spectacular sunrise balloon launches and sunsets.
- The hotel is the world’s first “living museum” concept hotel, with every aspect of the hotel displaying examples of priceless historical monuments.
- The position of Museum Hotel sees around 100 beautifully coloured hotel air balloons fly over and close by, making the hotel one of the places to watch this breathtaking experience. You can even experience the hot air balloon rides yourself, followed by a private breakfast and even a massage in a hidden valley.
Why 360 Loves It…
- Museum Hotel is the only Relais & Chateaux property in Turkey, the a la carte restaurant Lil’a brings the best recipes of Turkish cuisine along with the traditional tastes of Anatolia and Cappadocia with impeccable service.
- Our favorite suite is the Selale Cave Suite, sitting on the slope of a hill with its own private garden with amazing views over Cappadocia that you can enjoy from your jacuzzi!
- Museum Hotel is a Virtuoso property, meaning that when you book with your 360 Private Travel Partner you can enjoy special amenities such as room upgrades, subject to availability, complimentary massages and daily breakfast for two.