Masseria Torre Maizza, Puglia
This lovely place is ideal if you want a coastal retreat that isn’t tropical, because the ancient building sits among breezy olive and citrus groves of gnarled old trees that typify the region. Yes, of course, there’s a delightful private beach club on hand, but there’s also golf, horse-riding, cooking experiences and as much chilling-out as you can manage in shady, sun-kissed or pool-side spots. Deluxe suites have private gardens, and the ultimate one has a private terrace too. We love the sunset rooftop bar almost as much as Forte’s opulent extras such as (a Knights touch from Sir Rocco) unpacking and packing for you, while the food – with all that local produce – is bursting with flavour.
At A Glance…
- The newest addition to the Rocco Forte family is Masseria Torre Maizza – a 16th-century farmhouse that has been transformed into a heavenly retreat in Puglia.
- Masseria Torre Maizza features just 40 rooms and suites, all with picture perfect landscape views.
- Another Rocco Forte property that we are loving at the moment is Verdura Resort in Sicily. The infinity pool is superb and has something for everyone, for the sporty type there is an 18-hole championship golf course and those after relaxation can escape to the spa.
Why 360 Loves It…
- When booking any of the Rocco Forte hotels with your 360 Private Travel Partner, you will be eligible for the following Rocco Forte Knights exclusive benefits: complimentary daily breakfast, hotel credit of up to £150, upgrades on arrival plus many more.
- We love the Torre Suite, a magnificent two-bedroom residence with a private terrace overlooking the countryside and towards the coast.
- The restaurant at Masseria Torre Maizza is the perfect place for dining, using the finest, local Puglian ingredients.