Jumby Bay Island, Antigua
Jumby Bay Island is banned to all cars and motorised vehicles. Jeremy Clarkson will be welcome, of course, but he’ll have to arrive by boat that sets sail from Antigua two miles away; to get around he’ll need to pedal his guest bicycle gently across the island’s 300 palm-shaded acres, like everyone else. Christopher Columbus managed perfectly well when he first set his inquisitive foot on the dazzling white sand here over 500 years ago. He would recognise the silence, of course, but his accommodation was non-existent.
As members of the Oetker Pearl Partnership Programme, 360 Private Travel can offer the Island’s beautiful villas and privately-staffed estate houses with a guaranteed upgrade, resort credit and other luxury benefits. All of these wonderful extras can be part of the bespoke dream trip your 360 Private Travel Partner is waiting to create for you.
At A Glance…
- The island was discovered in 1493 by Christopher Columbus and is today known as Jumby Bay, after the Antiguan word ‘jumbee’, meaning playful spirit. Jumby Bay is a private island set just minutes away from mainland Antigua, only accessible by the private resort catamaran and once you’re there the only way of getting around is by bike.
- Jumby Bay features just 40 rooms and luxury vacation villas spread across the island.
- Guests at Jumby Bay are allowed to set their own pace whilst on the island, from enjoying all the features of the island to just the simple pleasure of having nothing particular to do.
Why 360 Loves It…
- We love the Beachside Suites at Jumby Bay Island, featuring an outdoor bath tub set in your own private courtyard.
- Jumby Bay has a Sea-to-Table Dinner experience allowing guests to enjoy a private fishing charter to catch their own entree of the day. That evening, the resort’s culinary team will prepare the day’s catch to guests’ preferences and serve at a private Chef’s Table.
- Surrounded by tranquil and warm crystal clear waters, Jumby Bay is a playground for water sports enthusiasts of all levels. Guests are entitled to a variety of complimentary watersports including water skiing, paddle boarding, snorkelling, windsurfing, sailing and kayaking.