Ceylon Tea Trails, Sri Lanka
Ceylon Tea Trails radiate out from a beautifully preserved plantation village – traditional tea-planters’ bungalows where antique furnishings meet exceptional luxury service, with your own personal butler and Relais & Chateaux cuisine radiating local flavours and spices.
Part of your stay is a personal visit to the nearby Dunkeld Tea Factory, nestling in the Central Highlands countryside, where you’ll learn about, understand, and sample exceptionally pure teas a spoon’s-throw from their very source. If you love that there are plenty more excursions on foot and even horseback, lasting anything from an hour to a whole day and including outings specially tailored to children. All of which takes you deep into the stunning vistas and gentle breezes of inner Sri Lanka.
At A Glance…
- Ceylon Tea Trails is the world’s first tea bungalow resort, perched in Sri Lanka’s Ceylon tea region. The boutique resort features five restored colonial-era tea planters’ bungalows, varying from 4 to 6 room suites.
- Everything is included with your stay at Ceylon Tea Trails including all meals and snacks, wines, spirits and soft drinks. Each bungalow also comes with exquisite butler service.
- Ceylon Tea Trails is part of Resplendent Ceylon – a collection of luxury hotels in Sri Lanka. Other hotels in the collection include Wild Coast Tented Lodge in Yala National Park and Cape Weligama.
Why 360 Loves It…
- The Tea Trails Tea Experience is a complimentary guided tour of the Dunkeld Tea Factory, with the resident Tea Planter you will delve into all aspects of tea.
- As a Relais & Chateaux property, the food experience at Ceylon Tea Trails is incredible. Start the day with Bed Tea, served by your butler followed by an English or Sri Lankan breakfast. Afternoon cream teas are served in the gardens and finish the day with a four-course dinner in the evening paired with wine.
- Experience the ambience of each of the different bungalows by staying for a night or two at each…or laze in one for the duration.