Castello di Procopio, Umbria
The views across the Tiber Valley from this historic Umbrian castle are utterly stunning. And you’ll be able to savour them all the time when you have your drinks and dine on the two fantastic terraces, or from your private swimming pool, or from your bathtub…
At A Glance…
- The Castello di Procopio is an elegantly restored 8 bedroom castle that is available to rent for exclusive use. It is located in the mountains between Umbria and Tuscany.
- There are eight suites that have all been luxuriously furnished with unique interior. The fireplaces, velvet drapes, renaissance tapestries, frescoes, artwork, antique furniture and stunning views harmonise to create the unique atmosphere of the property.
- Dining options at Castello di Procopio include dining at the ancient long table, facing the fireplace surrounded by historical artwork, some with a contemporary twist. The in-house chef serves seasonal delicacies sourced from the finest local ingredients.
- There are also a number of outdoor spaces, including a stunning rooftop terrace, that offer spectacular views of the Tiber Valley.
Why 360 Loves It…
- From the tranquility of your own bath, you can look out onto the unspoilt Umbrian hills.
- Experiences at Castello di Procopio include truffle hunting, a really special experience in Umbria whereby you will follow the truffle hounds through the woods and experience the surge of excitement as they locate the edible treasure. Other activities include cooking lessons, horse riding and cycling tours of the local area, allowing you to really get off the beaten track.
- Umbria hosts a jazz festival that is recognised at international level: Umbria Jazz takes place in mid July across a number of the region’s towns, hosting both classic musicians as well as the more avant-garde.
- A trip to Italy would not be complete without tasting their wine. Visit Montefalco for its outstanding Sagrantino wine, Montepulciano for its Vino Nobile or Chianti is just a short drive away, over the hill into Tuscany.