Bubble Lodge, Mauritius
The Lodges are in fact huge, transparent domes dotted among the trees fringing the lake over which you have a commanding view. They’re reached down private gravel paths. Both technically interesting – with high-tech, air-lock tunnel access system guaranteeing they keep their Barbarella-style contours – and deeply luxurious, they’re the work of Parisian designer Pierre-Stéphane Dumas. The recyclable PVC bubbles are the ceilings and walls of your villa, so you can go to sleep under the stars and surrounded by nature.
The cosseting, though, is unstinting. A beautiful polished wood floor, earthy tones and natural fabrics underpin your sumptuous bed, private bathroom and intimate dining area.
If, like us, you need a good cup of tea when you awake – even with curious Java deer and scurrying clouds greeting your sleepy eyes – then you’ve definitely come to the right place. Bois Cheri is the largest and longest-established tea plantation in Mauritius, and a superb choice of refreshment is naturally on hand.
A stay at the estate includes some wonderful things included for free. Pedalos, kayaking and fishing on the lake are all at your disposal; you’ll be sharing the water with ducks and black swans. Excellent golf, thrilling quad bikes and spectacular guided nature walks to places like the Gris Gris sea cliff are all close at hand. Whether for an entire holiday or as part of a wider Mauritius visit, we know you’ll love it.
At A Glance…
- There are two bubble lodge locations in Mauritius: one in Ile aux Cerfs, an island just off Mauritius, and the other in Bois Cheri, the most famous Tea Estate of Mauritius.
- Perfect to combine a few nights here with a longer trip in Mauritius – either start or finish your trip with a stay in these super cool bubbles!
- The Bubble Lodge in Bois Cheri allows you to relive your childhood, spending your nights gazing upon the night sky from your own transparent bubble tent.
- Experiences at Bubble Lodge Bois Cheri include hiking through the Bois Cheri Jungle, paddling the Bois Cheri river and tea tasting.
Why 360 Loves It…
- We love the bubble lodge that is situated in the middle of an old Banyan Tree at Ile aux Cerfs.
- Bubble Lodge at Ile aux Cerfs is the first and only accommodation on the island making it a unique and exclusive experience. Meaning that you can take advantage of the private beach.
- The 18-hole championship golf course designed by Bernhard Langer is an absolute must play.
- The Bubble Lodges are perfect for couples and families offering a great experience for all.