Grootbos Private Nature Reserve, South Africa
Both the Garden Lodge and Forest Lodge suites, with their own living spaces and private decks, are subtly stylish, restful and cossetting. The full-board food and wine on offer is exceptional too. But we feel you’ll find it hard to take your eyes off the sweeping views out across Walker Bay. You’re lost in some 2500 hectares of reserve, and in one direction you’ll meet the other ‘Big Five’, marine legends including whales, dolphins, penguins, sharks, and seals, mingling on the coast. In the other is the Milkwood Forest, yours to explore on foot or horseback. Yet, everywhere here, you have to be super-careful where you tread; even the least assuming looking little flower really could be something of extraordinary scientific interest…
At A Glance..
- Overlooking Walker Bay you will find Grootbos, two intimate and exclusive lodges on a Private Nature Reserve in South Africa.
- Choose to stay in one of the two lodges – Garden Lodge if you would prefer somewhere with a homely atmosphere or the Forest Lodge, for a more sophisticated, contemporary feel. There is also a six bedroom private villa. All meals and a selection of land-based guided adventures are included in your stay at Grootbos.
- We highly recommend including a stay at Grootbos as part of a longer itinerary in South Africa!
Why 360 Loves It…
- Guests at Grootbos can enjoy a range of activities from Botanical 4×4 Safaris, learning about the incredible birds, plants and animals in the heart of the Cape Floral Kingdom. It is also one of the few places in the world where you can spot the Marine Big 5.
- Due to its close location to Walker Bay, famous for whale watching, guests can get close and observe the peaceful giants of the deep.
- Dining at Grootbos is a special experience, a unique combination of fresh organic produce, a world-class natural setting and a hugely experienced culinary team.