Bighorn, Revelstoke BC
Now, you can certainly have an amazing time here if you’re a newcomer to the slopes, or even an intermediate skier, as you explore the 1243-hectare resort in British Columbia with its winding runs and epic views. The scenery and mountain-scape are simply sensational, the fine powdery snow just awesome.
But if you live to ski then thrills and challenges are everywhere. For one thing, it’s the world’s only resort where you can depart for the peaks by ski-lift, Snow-cat or helicopter. Indeed, heli-skiing was invented here, getting you up there in mere minutes to plunge into the knee-deep frozen fluff that’s generously replenished throughout every amazing season.
The back-country skiing routes are equally brilliant. Revelstoke boasts the longest downhill descent to ski anywhere in North America, while the vertical is almost unlimited from the cat starts in the Selkirk Mountains.
The excitement is virtually unlimited, but when you just can’t take any more then you’ll find the timber-framed Bighorn chalet offers a subtly opulent welcome as the light fades. Perhaps you’ll head first for the sauna, massage room, or outdoor hot-tub – with commanding views and its own surround-sound system – in the wonderful spa, to unwind.
Then the crackle of the log-fire will lure you into the cathedral-like ‘great room’ for a glass of champagne, before dinner in either the elegant dining room or at the dramatic teppanyaki grill in the kitchen, where you can observe your personal chef at his craft. There’s an in-house cinema for afterwards, although we suspect the call of the suites (there’s just eight) will be irresistible after a nightcap.
And the next day, you’ll do it all again.
The best all-round skiing trip on earth? Please tell us if you know better…
At A Glance…
- Bighorn is a luxury ski chalet located in Revelstoke, British Columbia and is situated in a perfect location, at the base of Revelstoke Mountain Resort. An impressive timber-framed building that has been designed with indulgence in mind.
- Bighorn features eight spacious guest suites and offers everything you need to restore body and mind after a day of skiing from the indoor current pool and sauna to the outdoor hot tub providing sweeping views across the valley. The triple height great room with its roaring log fire is the perfect place for winding down after a day of skiing.
- Bighorn has been voted as the ‘World’s Best Ski Chalet’ at the World Ski Awards for the past 4 years.
Why 360 Loves It…
- The Revelstoke Mountain Resort is the only ski resort in the world to offer lift, cat, heli and backcountry skiing from one village base. In fact, British Columbia was the birthplace of heliskiing.
- The private chef can cater for all of your requirements and produce specially tailored menus and the lodge manager can create a bespoke itinerary for your stay. Whether it’s complete relaxation with spa treatments or an action packed adventure, it is all possible.
- You can choose to eat your dinner in the formal dining room or in the more casual setting of the kitchen, where you can watch the chef prepare your food on the teppanyaki grill.