Bawah Reserve, Indonesia
We are suckers for the sound of gently lapping water, crystal-clear light, and – of course – a few empty weeks. So naturally we love the prospect of time spent in one of the sensational Overwater Bungalows on the Bawah Reserve.
There are lovely beach and garden suites too on this tropical paradise in Indonesia’s remote Anambas Archipelago.
But the 11 Overwater Bungalows are exceptional. They’re accessed via their own ironwood walkways, and each has its own private verandah, sundeck, and steps taking you straight down into the beautiful sea below. The sunrises, the sunsets, the all-round vistas of the islands and lagoons – could it be any more perfect? And when you feel you can’t possibly drink any more in staying still, there’s snorkelling, kayaking, paddle-boarding and diving to relish. On-land are tropical forest treks, cooking classes, and even more warm water with a wonderful infinity pool at your disposal.
‘Package’ can sometimes be a dirty word here at 360 Private Travel. Yet your stay at Bawah Reserve has all the spa and wellness treatments you can possibly handle for no extra charge. Plus all you can eat.
It also includes an arrival of unparalleled excitement: getting here involves an 80-minute, 185-mile journey by seaplane from the Singapore mainland. You can only take 15kg of luggage on the aircraft. Then again, you’re not going to need much on what we can truly call an island paradise, are you?
At A Glance…
- Bawah Reserve is a luxuriously-sustainable retreat located in the Anambas Islands, a small archipelago of Indonesia.
- 35 luxury suites offering the ultimate island experience from garden and beach suites to overwater bungalows. The copper bathtubs are definitely a highlight.
- We recommend combining a stay at Bawah with a few days in Singapore either side. Offering you the perfect blend of city and beach! Roundtrip transfers from Singapore are included in the package that Bawah provides.
Why 360 Loves It…
- Our favourite rooms have got to be the Overwater Bungalows, set above the turquoise lagoon, well appointed for a spectacular panorama of the archipelago.
- There is so much to do at Bawah, from relaxing and unwinding in a tranquil setting, pampering yourself in the Aura Spa and taking part in activities such as paddleboarding and snorkelling.
- We love the Treetops restaurant, perched under a jungle canopy, surrounded by the tropical rainforest with beautiful views of the lagoon.