andBeyond Tengile River Lodge, South Africa
Tengile River Lodge, from andBeyond, sits at a shady elbow of the river, cooled and shaded by surrounding forest. It’s only just opened and is already on Condé Nast Traveler’s Hot List for the elegance and comfort of its nine, air-conned suites with their vast living spaces, outdoor showers, private decks and pools. Every day there are two games drives giving you an excellent chance of seeing elephant, buffalo, rhino, lion and, of course, the leopards who seem to rather like life in these parts; it’s either showing off to the rapt visitors they like or, more likely, the antelope that try to escape whenever the leopards show their spots. That’s real wildlife. We also rate the guided bush walks and fantastic bird-watching possibilities as great extra reasons to go.
At A Glance…
- andBeyond Tengile River Lodge, meaning tranquil in the local Tsonga languages, is the newest addition to the andBeyond portfolio and has just made the Condé Nast Hot List!
- Located next to the famous Kruger National Park, andBeyond Tengile River Lodge is set in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve offering intimate wildlife encounters, especially leopard viewing.
- The lodge features just nine suites, all looking out to the calming river and with a private deck with a private plunge pool. The suites offer the utmost comfort for guests to relax in after a day on safari.
- From Johannesburg, guests can take one of the daily flights followed by a short and easy drive to camp.
Why 360 Loves It…
- Positioned on a bend of the Sand River, andBeyond Tengile River Lodge has been designed to ensure the most amazing views from all angles. The lodge features bespoke furniture with unique pieces throughout designed by local artists.
- The Sabi Sand Game Reserve is renowned for some of the best Big Five game viewing in the country. As there are no fences between Kruger and Sabi Sand, the wildlife is able to roam freely in a huge natural environment.
- The strict vehicle limits at game sightings gives you exclusive wildlife experiences.
- You can enjoy two game drives a day, finishing with farm to table cuisine, and of course end the day with sundowners.